With baby boy coming in 6-7 weeks (unless he decides to come early or hang out late), we have been busy over here preparing and taking advantage of our last few weeks of a family of 3. With that being said, its been a bit since we had the time to sit down and actually do a new date night recipe.
Using Pinterest as my source of inspiration, I stumbled upon an image of this delicious looking pasta & cherry tomato dish. Of course though, it wasn’t linked to anything so I can’t credit the source but I did use it as inspiration and tried to replicate it as best as possible.
Now one of the biggest perks about where we live in NJ is that we have so much access to these amazing farm stands. I know NJ has a wrap for being all Jersey Shore but what you cant forget that we are called the “Garden State” for a reason. We grow some bomb-ass produce, specifically tomatoes, peaches, and corn. By taking advantage of this, I headed 5 minutes down the street and grabbed 2 pints of yellow and red cherry tomatoes and let me tell you, they are out of this world!
So without further adieu, here is the delicious Summer Pasta dish that is perfect to have on a warm summer night.
What You’ll Need
- 2 Pints of Cherry Tomatoes (I chose to do 1 pint red and 1 pint yellow)
- Garlic, 6 Cloves minced or 2 TBSP Garlic Paste
- 20 Basil Leaves, chopped (this can be increased based on preference)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (this too can be increased based on taste preferences)
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Package of Angel Hair Pasta
What To Do:
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size
- Combine tomatoes with garlic, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper, and olive oil
- Cover and let marinate at room temperature for AT LEAST 2 hours ( I let mine sit out for 5)
- Once ready to serve, cook pasta according to packaging instructions
- Combine with bowl of cherry tomatoes and add in parmesan cheese
- Eat your face off!