Well this is a bit delayed but life happened and I have a child and well….you get the gist. So anyway, I made this amazing dish last week when we were hit with yet another springtime snowstorm and let me tell you, I again impressed myself and now have a new favorite meal.
So without further adieu, if you are in need of a SUPER easy, SUPER healthy and SUPER hearty meal, give this dish a try and don’t forget to comment to let me know what you think!
Slow Cooker Turkey & Sweet Potato Chilli
Servings: 8-10 • Serving Size: 1 Bowl (medium size)
Calories Per Serving: 90 Carbs: 14g Fat: 2g Protein:5g WW FlexPoints: 0
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1½ lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Green Peppers, Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 1 (15-oz) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz) can Tomato Sauce
WHAT TO DO:
- Pre-Cook Turkey: (You can do this 2-3 days in advance and refrigerate the turkey until you’re ready to start the slow cooker.) Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté until brown. Add turkey and continue cooking until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Slow Cooker: Combine cooked turkey and all remaining ingredients. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with toppings of choice BUT I’d highly recommend topping with Goat Cheese 🙂